ALL ROADS LEAD to the FOCAL POINT
with LIN LA MER
4-WEEK CLASS: $125
Sundays, 12:00 pm to 3:00 pm
August 20, 27, 2017 and
September 3, 10, 2017
Register at 206-223-9599
When we make a picture, some part of the scene catches our eye. Often that is the focal point, the place we want our viewer to notice. Our job as artists is to direct the viewer to the focal point and lead them around the picture so they enjoy everything we included.
This class series will introduce you to many of the ways you can move your viewer through your pictures. Come learn how controlling the focal point make pathways for your viewer to experience your picture, to participate and become involved with your art.
Please buy the best quality paints you can. I recommend professional grade oil paints.
* Cadmium Yellow Light
* Permanent Orange
* Napthol Red
* Yellow Ochre
* Burnt Sienna
* Alizarin Crimson
* Burnt Umber
* Sap Green
* Ultramarine or French Ultramarine
* Ivory Black
* Titanium White 150 ml tube
* Galkyd painting medium by Gamblin
* Gamsol by Gamblin THE ONLY ONE ALLOWED IN CLASS
* small metal brush washer (air-tight, jar with a coil will do!)
* Brushes-Princeton Faux Mongoose.
* Minimum required: Filbert 12, Filbert 4, Filber 0
* Optional but very useful: Fan 12, Filbert 16, Flat 10, Round 0
* Palette, recommend disposable Grey Matters
* Sta-Wet palette box (Masterson) large size fits Grey Matters
* Sketch pad or sheets of paper (tip: have the same size as your canvas, or larger)
* Pencils, sharpener, eraser
* Notebook to take notes in
* Rags or blue shop towels and a plastic bag to take them home to dispose of them