or 'the Tyranny of the Photo'
with KATHERINE WRIGHT
Saturday, July 30, 2016
1:30 - 3:00 pm
Why stay stuck to the photo when you can go beyond and end up wtih a satisfying and surprisingly lovely work? We will explore the use of sketch books, multi-media, and a variety of mock-ups to work with your creativity differently than we may have in the past.
Katherine has been messing around over the years with various ideas to simplify and modify her works. Come discover Katherine's lively world of creativity! Learn techniques to move from creating multi-media work–ups that will distance you from the photo, to paintings that reveal and display your own dynamic interpretation.
- SUPPLIES KATHERINE WILL BE USING IN THE DEMO
- Photos and other printed items you are willing to modify permanently.
- Wet media acetate
- Tracing paper
- Paints: your watercolor, spray bottles
- Black & White pen or marker , grays also
- Smallest size brushes: #10 brush, 1” flat brush, what you like
- Collage materials: newspaper images, cards, white paper (any kind), decorative paper
- Acrylic mediums
- Tape & glue
- White or transparent ground
- Scrap mat board slightly larger than the work you are creating
- Paper Towels