blogger

configure text daniel smith the store for artists
Click a Month Tab Above to See Scheduled Demonstrations and Workshops.

Fundamentals of Watercolors Understanding the Relationship of Drawing to Painting with Patricia Ann Wilson, FREE Demos, September 14th, 2013


"Citronella Cliffs" by Patricia Ann Wilson


Fundamentals of Watercolors Understanding the Relationship of Drawing to Painting
Patricia Ann Wilson
Saturday, September 14th, 2013 
11 am & 1:30 pm – FREE demos!

Join Patricia Ann Wilson to learn the skills and techniques of watercolor, and the relationship of drawing to painting.  Patricia Ann’s thoughts on painting “…Watercolor is a unique painting medium that can be worked either transparently or opaquely.  Watercolor is used in paintings; drawings, collage, or doing quick studies with a spontaneous look to the piece or the paintings could also have a more detailed tighter feel…”  Patricia Ann will emphasis choosing quality artist’s materials including the importance of professional watercolor papers and how it affects the appearance and outcome of your paintings.

Don’t miss Patricia’s workshop Sept 22nd Seattle Store!  Click on the date on the blog calendar for more information.
 
"GOLD NUGGET Negril Westmoreland" by Patricia Ann Wilson
 
Bio:  Patricia Ann Wilson

“I am a local Seattle, WA artist that has been to Jamaica, West Indies twenty three times.  I have a home ten minutes outside of Negril, Westmoreland.  The main mediums I work in are collage, watercolor, drawing, and ceramic sculpture.  When in Jamaica, my collage and watercolors are a response to the beauty I see and feel.  Jamaica is rich in spirit and poor in materialism but other cultures have so much to learn from the Jamaican people.  When I first went to Jamaica it was as if visiting my father since my father had lived in Trinidad before he married my mother.  As children, my siblings and I danced to calypso music when my father played his drums.  Jamaica is the essence of my father’s spirit; I love Jamaica as I love my father.  When on the island I collect papers, posters, plants and other found objects that I layer in my collages.  I also create watercolors of the Jamaican landscape and its’ culture. Both my collage and watercolors are done in layers just like the layers of my life.

I have two degrees in art from a combination of schools:  the Art Institute in Chicago, The Milwaukee Institute of Art and Design, Cornish College of the Arts, and Milwaukee Area Technical College.  This is where I earned a degree in Commercial Art.  I also attended the University of Milwaukee where I earned a BFA in Drawing and Painting.  My BFA included Art Education classes and a minor in African Dance where I worked with Ko-thi.  I also took Literature based Africology Classes.  I combined my passion for art with my enthusiasm for working with children particularly since I have trained as a Montessori Teacher.  The Montessori School experience has been beneficial for teaching children and adults in a class setting as well as my private instruction.  I guide each person from where their skills are at the beginning of class to their full potential.

I have taught drawing, watercolor painting, collage and printmaking at Shoreline and North Seattle Community Colleges, Pratt Fine Art, Gage Academy, Bellevue Art Museum, the Milwaukee Art Museum, local Community Centers, and Daniel Smith Art Store.  Additionally, when I had completed an apprenticeship in fine art lithography at Stone Press Editions Seattle, WA I had the pleasure of working with Jacob Lawrence as well as other well-known artists.  My work has been exhibited extensively in Seattle, California, Milwaukee, New York and Jamaica, West Indies.”

No comments:

Post a Comment