with SHELLEY IRISH
11-WEEK CLASS: $650
Thursdays, 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm
August 10 - October 19
Do angels swirl around you? Let’s paint them! We focus on figure, portrait, wings and fabric.
In this 11 week class we take influence from Rubens' paintings and create angels that are so luminous they looks like they were fed on a diet of roses. I will show you my watermelon formula for flesh and parfait code for wings.
This class is designed for those with some painting experience. I teach straightforward painting techniques complemented by creative self-care exercises to give you a unique learning experience.
* One 16” x 20” or larger canvas
* Oil paint in black, white, burnt sienna, terra rosa, alizarin crimson, yellow ochre and cerulean blue. More colors can be purchased based on the specifications of your painting.
* Sand paper – 220 tooth
* Walnut Alkyd medium by M. Graham or Liquin Original
* Gamvar varnish by Gamblin
* 5 paint brushes, 2 small (¼” width, 1 filbert with rounded edges, 1 flat with squared edges), 2 medium (½” width, 1 filbert with rounded edges, 1 flat with squared edges), large (1” width, filbert with rounded edges).
* Palette (wood or disposable paper)
* Sketch paper or sketch book
* Sketching pencils