with LISA SNOW LADY
TWO FREE DEMOS!
Saturday October 1, 2016
11:00 am - 12:00 pm and
1:00 - 2:00 pm
Saturday October 22, 2016
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Register at 206-223-9599
Create beautiful sketches with ink and watercolor washes!
With quick, easy techniques and simple materials, using an intuitive approach, Lisa will demonstrate how to create a “watercolor journal” that captures your travels whether they be to exotic locations, cafes, or your own backyard.
In the workshop, students will begin with fun warm up exercises in pen and gradually layer in watercolor to make their drawings pop!
Instructor Lisa Snow Lady has a BFA in painting from the University of Washington and has been has been sketching and painting for over 20 years. An active member of Urban Sketchers, Lisa has a passion for travel sketching. She loves to encourage students of all artistic levels.
- Watercolor Journal, ~ 5"x8" - (Canson, Arches, Moleskin, Pentalic)
- Ink pens - Ultra Fine Sharpie Pen or other archival and permanent pens such as Sakura Microperm or Micron
- Watercolor Brush - Round #8 (Prinston Art & Brush Co) with a good point
- Travel Palette to lay paints out in
- Small water container with lid
- Paper Towels
- Bag to hold supplies
- Watercolor Options: Pan paints, or better quality inexpensive paints
- Phthalo Blue
- Ultramarine Blue
- Cadmium Red
- Alizarin Crimson
- Cadmium Yellow Medium
- Black or Neutral tint