An Introduction (Mixed Media)
with Anita Lehmann
2-DAY WORKSHOP: $250
Saturday-Sunday, October 1-2, 2016.
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
See supply list at bottom of this post
Register at 223-9599
Saturday, September 17, 2016
11:00 am - 12:30 pm
Architect/Artist Anita Lehmann is a sought-for-teacher around the world.
This workshop is about drawing, sketching, and painting places and objects; we will begin by observing to learn through drawing. There is a fine granularity and layering to a place or a thing, and drawing the elements requires rigor and attention to detail: awareness. This reigor, focus, and awareness will enhance your skills in the evocative understanding of mark making.
Sketches, paintings, drawings, collages will be collected; and after initial studies are completed, we will continue to create 'evocative' works, furthering concept of 'place and objects'. Tools to be used include paint, pastel, charcoal and graphite.
- Expressive Drawing: 2016 Anita H. Lehmann www.ahldraws.com
- 24 x 36 or larger Gator Board, smooth, non-buckling board, portable drawing easel, not mandatory If you have one, please bring it. Daniel Smith has 6 – 8 to use
- 18 x 24 & or 24 x 36 rough newsprint pad or other drawing paper you like to use.
- Sturdy/heavy clips
- 4 sheets Rives BFK paper (white) 22 x 30
- 1 roll of masking or artist tape: ¾” or 1”
- Soft Conte Crayons, white/black
- General’s jumbo compressed charcoal (2 packages) 2b & 4b
- White Mars Eraser
- Kneaded Eraser
- Small Bottle of White Gesso &/or clear gesso
- Lyra water soluble graphite crayon
- 2 Stabilo pencils, black
- Assorted (crazy and unruly, too) brushes to work with water based media
- Small bottle of Sumi Ink
- A few extra jars for sumi and gesso dispensing.
- Soft paper towels
- Baby Wipes
- Mark-making tools, moving ink; ie bamboo pen, putty knife etc.
- Lightweight bowls for water etc. 2 minimum
- 1 tube water miscible black ink like Winsor-Newton (water base oil)
- Soft rubber brayer(s) such as Speedball printmaking brand, (not foam or plastic)
- Notebooks and landscape images for ideas
- Favorite master artist examples
- Various mark making tools like combs and faux painting tools
- Apron; it’s going to be messy!
- * ‘IPOD’ with your favorite music: optional; music that makes you move and paint.
- * ANY other paper or supplies you would like to utilize.