with LIESEL LUND
Saturday, July 23, 2016
1:00 - 2:30 pm
Come see a variety of artist journals and learn how to make your own! This is a great introduction to the joys of art journaling. Liesel will share some of her favorite techniques and supplies.
- Joyful Art Journaling Supply List
- Blank journal or sketchbook with 140lb weight paper for water media (if you don't mind your pages buckling you can use 90lb.)
- Your favorite pens. A fine point, permanent black marker for writing plus a few markers in your favorite colors. (My favorites: Sharpie stylus black or PITT pens, Pentel Signo White pen, Molotow paint markers.)
- Pencil and eraser
- Paint- your choice: acrylic in your favorite colors, tube or fluid acrylics.
- A few acrylic paintbrushes. 1" flat and 1 small/medium round (not tiny).
- Palette- bring a paper plate and a 12" x 12" piece of wax paper
- Magazine with images you like to tear for collage OR even better, print out a bunch of your own photos.
- Your favorite glue. Mine is Aleenes Fast Grab Tacky Glue (not sold at Daniel Smith-find at Craft Stores).
- Small bottle of gel medium, gloss or matte, your choice
- Masking tape
- Paper towels
- Water jars
- Water spray bottle
- Optional: art or interesting papers for collaging, craypas, glitter glue.
Register at www.liesellund.com
for weekly JOYFUL ART JOURNALING Classes
Tuesdays, 1:00 - 4:00 pm
Seattle Classes will be at the Seattle Daniel Smith store:
4150 First Ave South, turn at Dakota Street and 1st Ave S.
Learn to use a variety of media, collage, composition and lettering techniques for self expression. Each class will focus on new techniques and journaling prompts for creating richly layered journal pages. All levels- beginners are welcome.