Click a Month Tab Above to See Scheduled Demonstrations and Workshops.

FREE DEMO and FOUR WORKSHOPS: 2017 JEAN HAINES. October 27, 2017

2017 JEAN HAINES
FREE DEMO and
FOUR 2-Day WORKSHOPS


FREE DEMO!
Friday, October 27, 2017
5:00 pm - 7:00 pm

Jean is offering four 2-day workshops at DANIEL SMITH's Seattle Store in 2017. Check for updates closer to October.
See the SUPPLY LIST
at the bottom of this page.


Register at 206-223-9599

ALL WORKSHOPS 10 am - 4 pm daily
$200: 2-Day WORKSHOP #1
Monday-Tuesday
October 23-24, 2017
$200: 2-Day WORKSHOP #2
Wednesday-Thursday
October 25-26, 2017
$200: 2-Day WORKSHOP #3
Saturday-Sunday
October 28-29, 2017
$200: 2-Day WORKSHOP #4
Monday-Tuesday
October 30-31, 2017

MATERIALS LIST
This is a material list as a general guide for my workshops. Please bring all your favourite watercolour equipment with you including:

* Watercolour Shades:
Please bring your favourite shades. Mine include vibrant oranges, violets, turquoises and gold shades. I prefer to use tubes of colour rather than pans. I use Daniel Smith mainly and especially love Cascade Green, Moonglow and their Quinachridone shades. A list of colours follows at the bottom.
* Water Pots:
Clear works best so you can see when the water needs changing. Two large ones are advisable.
* Palette:
I use a round radial sorting tray with large sections. A white plate is fine , anything that has space to place lots of product from your watercolour tubes.
* Brushes:
Sable are better and it is worth investing in really good quality. A number 10, one rigger, a size 12 and one large wash brush are all you need. I have my own personalised brush range and brush sets. These I will be bringing with me for sale at the workshops. Available whilst stocks last.
*Paper:
You are going to need enough to enjoy the course. Bring a variety of sizes from small scraps for exercises that you WILL throw away to larger sheets for more serious work. A good quality and weight helps. Weight must be no less than 140lbs. I prefer rough surface paper. I work on 200-300lbs weight for gallery work. My best advise to offer is please don't ruin your day by bringing cheap paper that is unsuitable for working with watercolour.
* IMPORTANT! Resource Photographs:
Please bring exciting photographs with you so that during the day you have something to inspire you of your own choice. Your own emotions will guide you on what you feel like painting after each demonstration. But we will be looking at many subjects and aiming to capture each with as much atmosphere in our results as possible. Good photographs are a must!
* Other:
* I work at an angle,
 so a board to lean on and something to lean it against is a good idea.
* Please bring salt and cling film for texture effect work.

List of Watercolour Shades
Cascade Green **Green Apetite Genuine **
Undersea GreenAmethyst Genuine **
Moonglow **Opera Pink
Cadmium Yellow Deep Hue  Iridescent Electric Blue
Quinacridone CoralQuinacridone Rose
Quinacridone GoldMayan Orange
Quinacridone Burnt Scarlet  Paynes Blue Gray ***
Aussie Red Gold ***Shadow Violet
Cobalt Blue VioletPhthalo Green
Ultramarine TurquoiseRose of Ultramarine

I will use colours off the shelf of the Seattle Store too, so colours I haven't mentioned will be used when I am teaching. I love all the news shades so much that those too will be needed. But the short list above includes my favourites, and grows continually!
I look forward to meeting you in person!
Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment