CAPTURING the LIFE of YOUR SUBJECT with GESTURE
with JULIA CARPENTER
6-WEEK WORKSHOP CLASSES
$180 for all 6 or $35 per class
Saturdays 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Gesture. Line that captures the subject's essence. Details are in our experience, not stated on the page. Quick. Decisive. Personal response of the eye put directly on the page.
- GESTURE SUPPLY LIST
- Various color markers or wax crayons (cheap is fine)
- Black ballpoint pen
- Pencil 4B
- Compressed charcoal sticks
- I recommend a newsprint or sketch pad, the bigger the better! 18 x 24 is ideal! This gets your whole arm moving. If this size makes you uncomfortable, that might be a good thing! Go beyond your usual comfort zone, this leads to growth
- IF you have a smaller sketchbook, bring that too, so you can practice small.
- A drawing board. Check to make sure your sketchbook fits your board!! You can DIY one with a couple of Bulldog Clips or large Binder Clips and a thin, sturdy panel like thin foam core, rigid chip board or Ampersand Hardbord.
- Any other drawing materials you want to try! Like soft pastels, crayons, colored pencils
- June 11. Week 1: Sue Heston-Contour Line Drawing
- June 18. Week 2: Sue Heston-Seeing & Drawing in Value
- June 25. Week 3: Julia Carpenter-Capturing the Life of Your Subject with Gesture
- July 2. Week 4: Joe Bosch-Perspective in Drawing
- July 9. Week 5: Julia Carpenter-Tools and Tips for Accurate Drawing
- July 23. Week 6: Joe Bosch-Overcoming Creative Blocks