Click a Month Tab Above to See Scheduled Demonstrations and Workshops.

Week 6 of 6, May 15, WORKSHOP: 6-Week Drawing Class with MARY SHEA, Apr 3-May 15, 2016, 1:30 - 3:30 pm

People Drawing
by Mary Shea
SIX-WEEK DRAWING CLASS
with MARY SHEA!
Sunday Afternoons 1:30 - 3:30 pm
April 3,10,17,24 and May 1,15, 2016

$150 for ALL SIX SESSIONS
SPACE IS LIMITED
Register at 206-223-9599


May 15, Week 6 of 6

Learn the basics of drawing – or refresh your skills – in a fun, supportive class!

Each weekly session will offer different exercises focusing on essential drawing elements: line, value, shape, space, and color. Composition will be emphasized, as will learning from and being inspired by other artists' drawings.


This drawing class for adults is appropriate for beginners as well as people with some drawing experience who want additional instruction and practice. Every week there are different exercises that allow students to study and work with basic drawing elements: line, value, shape, space, color, composition – using a variety of (also basic) drawing materials.

This is a drawing class based on perception, on making drawings that are a response to the visual world and the experience of seeing. Composition will be emphasized, as will learning from and being inspired by other artists' drawings.
About the Teacher: I am a Seattle artist – a painter and printmaker with a current passion for figure sculpture. But the basis of all my work is in drawing, where my unending allegiance lies. I have been teaching drawing for over twenty years. Recently, I found a sketchbook from my undergraduate days in which I’d made a note to myself: “Draw everything.”

I continue to try to follow that command. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment