SKETCHING TECHNIQUES with WATERCOLOR
with BRENDA SWENSON
Mon-Wed, Aug 8-10, 2016
10:00 am - 4:30 pm (30 min lunch)
Register at 206-223-9599
DOWNLOAD SUPPLY LIST
• Enjoy the charming, loose and colorful nature of watercolor at its best—while sketching!
• Sharpen your observational skills, color awareness, drawing techniques and simple design principles.
• Each day we’ll explore the variety of sketching tools, techniques and papers.
• Learn how a sketch can be complete in itself, or a road map to larger studio paintings.
• Whether you want to improve your drawing skills, create illustrated journals or take that next step as an artist you will come away from this workshop excited and inspired about your artwork.
• Benefit from daily demonstrations, friendly critiques, and one-on-one help.
• Workshop Skill Level: All
Come to Brenda's demo and first 3-day workshop:
FREE DEMO: WATERCOLOR
August 6, 11 am - 1 pm
NEGATIVE PAINTING with WATERCOLOR
August 1-3, 10 am - 4:30 pm (30 min lunch)
Brenda Swenson is the artist author of three books,
Keeping a Watercolor Sketchbook (Award of Excellence Finalist) and Steps toSuccess in Watercolor, and her new travel journal From Prague to Berlin: An Artist's Journey. Her paintings and sketches have been featured in Splash
11, 12 & 14, Artistic Touch 4, Creative Freedom, Watercolor Artist,
Watercolor Magazine, Watercolor Highlights, Wheels of Time, Plein Air Magazine
and numerous other publications. Brenda has achieved signature status in WW,
NWWS, and SDWS. An active participant in the arts community she has served on
the board of directors for the National Watercolor Society and Watercolor West.
She is in demand to demonstrate and teach her painting, sketching and collage
techniques to groups nationwide and abroad.