NEGATIVE PAINTING with WATERCOLOR
with BRENDA SWENSON
Mon-Wed, Aug 1-3, 2016
10:00 am - 4:30 pm (30 min lunch)
Register at 206-223-9599
DOWNLOAD SUPPLY LIST
• Discover the dynamic results of negative painting!
• Learn how to suggest shapes by painting around them, and avoid the dreaded disappointment of an overworked painting.
• Learn techniques for creating overlapping and inter-locking shapes and lost edges.
• Improve your understanding of color theory and make better paintings with rich, loose and glowing colors.
• Achieve a deeper, practical understanding of watercolor by developing skills in glazing, wet into wet, charging colors and more!
• Release your inventive potential and take your paintings to the next level.
• Students will benefit from informative demonstrations, friendly critiques, and one-on-one help.
• Workshop Skill Level: Basic knowledge of watercolor is recommended.
Brenda is also teaching another 3-day workshop and offering a demonstration during her visit to Seattle and Daniel Smith:
FREE DEMO: WATERCOLOR
August 6, 11 am - 1 pm
SKETCHING TECHNIQUES with WATERCOLOR
August 8-10, 10 am - 4:30 pm (30 min lunch)
Brenda Swenson is the artist author of three books,
Keeping a Watercolor Sketchbook (Award of Excellence Finalist) and Steps toSuccess in Watercolor, and her new travel journal From Prague to Berlin: An Artist's Journey. Her paintings and sketches have been featured in Splash
11, 12 & 14, Artistic Touch 4, Creative Freedom, Watercolor Artist,
Watercolor Magazine, Watercolor Highlights, Wheels of Time, Plein Air Magazine
and numerous other publications. Brenda has achieved signature status in WW,
NWWS, and SDWS. An active participant in the arts community she has served on
the board of directors for the National Watercolor Society and Watercolor West.
She is in demand to demonstrate and teach her painting, sketching and collage
techniques to groups nationwide and abroad.