Click a Month Tab Above to See Scheduled Demonstrations and Workshops.

WORKSHOP: Pointillism with PAUL REYNOLDS Oct 27-28, 2015 CANCELLED!


WORKSHOP
Pointilism
with Paul Reynolds

Tues-Wed October 27-28, 2015 CANCELLED
10:00 am to 4:30 pm to be rescheduled
30 minute lunch break

$200
phone 206-223-9599 to register



This workshop is a great opportunity to open your mind and experience a fresh universe of artistic expression and skills. Read Paul's description below of how he works. Then join him for a two-day adventure.

Paul's words: "My work is a collage of a million tiny dots; my pen nib is little bigger than a human hair. The technique is often called Pointillism or Stippling. I use color variation and distance between dots to create light and shadows. I like to draw subjects that have weathered for many years - stone faces, ancient trees and pitted metal. I’m interested in the surface textures and how they change over time. The repetition of dots frees my imagination and a miniature landscape of curious shapes emerges. Layers of ‘old world’ colors - raw and burnt sienna, walnut and sepia inks - define the shapes, add depth and tone."

No comments:

Post a Comment