blogger

configure text daniel smith the store for artists
Click a Month Tab Above to See Scheduled Demonstrations and Workshops.

VENDOR DAY Update! WILLIAMSBURG OILS FREE Demo Artist ANGELA BANDURKA, Sep 26, 2015



WILLIAMSBURG OILS and
AMPERSAND™
present artist
ANGELA BANDURKA
at Daniel Smith's
Vendor Day

FREE Demo!
Angela will be painting at the Williamsburg/Ampersand display throughout the day.
Saturday, September 26, 2015
Canadian born Angela Bandurka comes from a multi-generational family of passionate artists. She started drawing as a child and completed her first commissioned portrait at 15. After 12 years of corporate experience as a Graphic Artist and Art Director for some of Seattle's top enterprise corporations, she started painting and instructing full-time. Her award-winning work has been exhibited in shows throughout the Western United States and Canada. Angela is currently represented by Cole Gallery in Edmonds, WA. 

Angela's Artist Statement

Paintings are much more than simply a likeness, they are an opportunity to capture a moment. I am drawn to painting the portrait, as I enjoy the passive and active roles I can have in people's lives while painting them. I tend to treat all my studio work like a portrait, cropping in close. Whatever the subject matter, my first step is to achieve a good drawing. Value, light, and colour are strong elements in all my work, with composition an important factor as well. I try to paint the world as I see it, or as I would like to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment