Click a Month Tab Above to See Scheduled Demonstrations and Workshops.

WORKSHOP: 6-Week Sketching for Beginners with Sue Heston! May 5, 12, 19, 26, June 2 and 9th 2015


Sketching for Beginners
6-Week Workshop
with Sue Heston!
Tuesdays from 5pm-7pm
May 5th, May 12th, May 19th, May 26th, June 2nd and June 9th.
$150 for 6 weeks!

Sketching is the most basic artistic activity - just a pen and a sketchbook. But getting started can still be daunting. Whether you want to take your sketchbook on a trip around the world, a local hike, or just spend an afternoon in a coffee shop, this class is aimed at helping you learn how to quickly put down the essential elements of a scene.

You will try out various techniques with pen, pencil and simple washes. You will get advice on putting together your own sketching kit, and practice exercises to help you see like a sketcher.  

From Sue:
I am a dedicated sketcher and I participate with the Seattle Urban Sketchers group.  Sketching and travel are inseparable activities for me.  I don't even go to the grocery store anymore without my sketchbook!  In recent years my sketchbooks have been to Australia, Turkey, Ireland and New York, as well as many local hikes and camping trips.  I make occasional forays into block printing, screen printing, paper cutting and collage.  I have a BFA from the State University of New York and a BA in Art History.  My sketches can be seen at https://www.flickr.com/photos/susanhtwo/

No comments:

Post a Comment