|The Red Umbrella by Ron Stocke|
WATERCOLOR: Sketchbook to Gallery with Ron Stocke
Sunday, September 11th, 2011 - FREE Demo!
at 12 pm & 2 pm
|Catalina Cafe by Ron Stocke|
“Whether you’re on location or in your studio keeping a sketchbook allows me the freedom to capture elements for future paintings or just try out new ideas and it has been the my most valuable artistic tool for the last 20 years.”
For those artist’s who are interested in keeping a travel journal, this is the perfect demo for you. Ron has been keeping a watercolor journal for the last 20 years and has documented all of his travels from Mexico, United States and Europe. You can see how Ron develops a painting from sketch to finished painting in the June issue of Watercolor Artist Magazine.
During the demo Ron will be using:
- Sketchbook: Aquabee Super Deluxe for watercolor is what Ron uses.
- Limited Watercolor palette: yellow ocher, ultramarine blue, alizarin crimson, sap green and burnt sienna.
- Sketchbook (the Aquabee Super Deluxe for watercolor is available at the store)
- Watercolor palette: small palettes or travel palettes are fine
- Brushes: bring any brushes you may have. Remember you will be working in a sketchbook, and the paintings will be small in scale.
- Colors: A limited palette is fine yellow ocher, ultramarine blue, alizarin crimson, sap green and burnt sienna are the colors Ron will use.
- Misc: water container, household sponge, pencil.
This is a great opportunity to learn and, it you like, work along with Ron while he demonstrates and shares tips that will help you with your own work!