Click a Month Tab Above to See Scheduled Demonstrations and Workshops.

WATERCOLOR: Travel Journal Workshop with Liesel Lund, August 13th, 2011

Outdoor Market, Suphanburi, Thailand WC
Photos Courtesy of Liesel Lund

Saturday, August 13th, 2011, Travel Journal Watercolor Workshop with Liesel Lund, from 11am to 4pm.  
Watercolor is perfect for capturing the visual excitement of traveling. Learn tricks for traveling light with art supplies, choosing your subject matter and composition. We'll discuss how to paint on site and from your photos when your return-and how each can support the other. Learn how to use pen sketches and watercolor to express the energy and feeling of the moment that caught your eye. We'll begin with easy warm up exercises, and gradually add in details with line, volume, color and texture.  We’ll cover painting on location and painting from photos after your return.  All levels welcome!


001 900 410
$75 per day
11am to 4pm
Liesel Lund.com
Liesel’s Art Blog

If you are interested in taking this workshop, please call the Seattle Store at:
 206-223-9599 to Pre-register.


Outdoor Market, Suphanburi, Thailand Reference Photo
I use my travel sketches to tell the story of my journey-what I saw, what fascinated me, and how I felt. I can be sure to emphasis the details that tell the story as I see it. I loved the outdoor markets in Thailand and chose to capture the energy, colors and if possible a feeling of all senses being stimulated-the scents, the color, the humidity. There is a lot of detail here and I had to choose what and how much to portray. Painting on location enhances my trip, and allows me to experience it again after I am home. It is important to choose subjects that are visually exciting. These paintings naturally become expressive portraits- a record of where we've been and how we uniquely see the world. It also is just plain fun!"  -Liesel Lund

No comments:

Post a Comment